Monday, May 15, 2006

Rock Climbing

We went climbing some beautiful rocks in Railay Bay, and it was totally rocking!
Heading out, climbed onto rickety long boat with motor at the back. Half full of water. We arrived at the Bay on a long tail boat which when pulled up at the bay we were asked to take off our shoes and walk to shore.
Bobbi took one look at the stinky looking water below and flatly refused. On comes the two legged pony for a husband. She climbed over the side of the boat and onto my back. I carried her piggy back over sharp pebbles and stones, through dirty sand and dirty water. She was eventually placed down on the nice dry shore and we were ready to start.

(Thank you my hunny - & he was greatly rewarded for his efforts, I'll have you all know)

We both started our first climb thinking, bah that's just the little climb, we want to climb the larger one. Five minutes in we were both thinking, 'Hell my hands are sweating, my legs are shaking and this is really high!' We also had to get used to trusting that the other person was responsible for us, whether we fall or not. After a while we both got used to being high up and struggling from rock to rock.

Our final rock was real tough climb and the sun just made it a more tiring & hot, my palms began to sweat, my feet were both on the same rock hoping I could feel for just one more hole with my hands to pull me up, I think I stood for too long, and I felt hands began to slip.. It was too late to reach for the chalk.. And I had to drop back and ask Paul to release me back down.

Most certainly not as easy as we have made it look with our fantastic poses.

No comments: